A recreational adventure sport, paragliding takes you closest to flying without wings. In the beautiful hill station of Vagamon, Kerala you’ve an opportunity to take off and land into the welcoming arms of nature. Nature here is defined as sparkling rivulets, waterfalls and dense pine forests.
For this activity, rides are available from 11am to 4:30pm. Savor the joy of flying on this tandem paragliding experience of around 20 minutes.
Accompanied by trained instructors maneuvering you through this hillside destination, feel crisp mountain air caress gently. Over half hour, enjoy the tour and get a bird’s eye view of picturesque Vagamon.
Best Time for Paragliding
February – March is the best time for paragliding in Vagamon. The climate at that time is excellent for paragliding in Kerala. There will be no paragliding events at monsoon time in vagamon.
How to reach Vagamon
The nearest Airport is Cochin International Airport and the nearest Railway station is Kottayam or Ettumanur. Vagamon is 3hrs drive from the aiport and 2hrs drive from Kottayam railway station. The preferred method of travel will be railway because you will be able to enjoy the scenic beauty and the greenery of Kottayam with full of thick dense rubber estates
Dos and Don’ts
1. If you go to Vagamon, take enough money with you. They are a few ATMs in the city, but they can easily drain when you are doing weekend or during the long vacation.
2. Fill in sufficient gasoline / diesel in your vehicle.
3. For paragliding, wear full sleeves clothes and running / sports shoes.
4. Tones / Sunglasses are recommended.
5. Wear a good sunscreen and use them frequently.
- Please note that paragliding is a wind dependent sport and there’s a possibility of last minute re- schedules or cancellations, which are beyond control.
- Site transport and food is not included in the package.
- Please avoid flying immediately after meals. Minimum gap of 2 hours is suggested.
- Physical fitness and sportive inclination are essential prerequisites to learning this sport.
- Those with heart, respiratory, blackout, or dizziness problems must seek doctor’s advice.
- In case of loss or damage of equipment, due to negligence or intention on the part of the student, the student will have to cover the costs involved.
- All students have to furnish an Indemnity form.
- Students below the age of 18 will need written consent of parent/ guardian.